The Development Associate provides administrative support and participates in all fundraising activities including, grant writing, donor and public relations, communications, direct mail appeals, and special events. The Development Associate works directly with the Development Director and Executive Director to achieve the organization’s fundraising goals and maintain high standards of excellence in all relationships and external communications.
- Responsible for accurate donor database management and processing of gifts, financial reports, mailing lists, and donor correspondence
- Assist with the planning, promotion and staffing of fundrasing and outreach events
- Develop original written and visual content for Website, electronic communications, & social media Assist with the development of media and donor collateral for events and meetings
- Create print & online marketing collateral
- Enthusiastically contribute to a robust development and communication plan
- Be reliable, pleasant, and team-oriented with genuine enthusiasm for producing high-quality work
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of professional experience in a comparable position
- Strong Web and social media technical skills; basic proficiency with video/visual media encouraged
- Demonstrated ability to write and communicate well
- Display strong organizational skills, budgeting/financial aptitude and excellent attention to detail
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office Suite/Excel.
- Experience using a relational client or donor database (Donor Perfect preferred)
Benefits & Other Information
This is a salaried/exempt position, in our Oakland, California location and reports to the Director of Development.
Physical Demands: Essential functions of the position require the employee to use the telephone, work at a standard computer terminal, sit for long periods of time, conduct repetitive motions, stand, bend, lift up to 50 pounds, walk up to three flights of stairs an average of 4-5 times per day, and follow reasonable ergonomic protocol. Planned evening and weekend work is occasionally required.
Benefits: Saint Vincent’s Day Home pays 80% of the employee premiums for medical, dental, and vision; offers paid sick and vacation leave in addition to 8 paid holidays; and provide an employer-matched 401K retirement plan.
All candidates will be subject to fingerprinting and a thorough background check, in accordance with California Child Care Licensing Requirements.
To apply, please email your cover letter, resume, salary history, and online or print writing sample to Apply@svdh.org with the subject line: Development Associate Applicant.