Saint Vincent’s Day Home provides high quality early learning education and a wide variety of services for hundreds of Oakland’s children and their families. Our budget is over $2.6 million each year.
While we receive 55% of our funding from the government plus 10% from the families for tuition, the Day Home relies heavily on grants and donations from organizations and individuals to make up the difference.
How Individuals Can Contribute
Direct cash donations are always welcome! You can donate online or via U.S. mail. We are fortunate to have people who’ve found a variety of ways to continually support Saint Vincent’s Day Home, including:
- A real estate donor is contributing a portion of his sales commission in honor of his aunt.
- Making a special donation recognizing a birthday, anniversary or special occasion such as Mother’s Day or Valentine’s Day.
- Or becoming a monthly donor. For the cost of a lunch out or a few lattes at a coffee shop, your cumulative donation will make a big difference in the education of a child.
- Remembering the Day Home in your estate planning.
- Select Saint Vincent’s Day Home in your annual CFC pledge. Code 23199.
Double your gift with corporate matching! Check with your human resources department, or with our online tool to see if your company will match your donation to Saint Vincent’s Day Home. See a list of our current donors here.
And, if you have time to give as well, we welcome you as a volunteer in the classrooms or on our board too.
How Organizations Can Support the Day Home
Grants are a major source of support for us, and we thank all the generous organizations who make it possible for the Day Home to provide quality early-childhood education to as many children as possible.
If your company or foundation donates to organizations such as Saint Vincent’s Day home, please contact us today and let us know what we can do to be considered.
We also welcome volunteers from businesses, churches and schools who are interested in giving back to the community. Let us know how you’d like to get involved and we’ll make it happen.